June 14, 2016 – Baton Rouge, LA
During this presentation, the oil spill science outreach team answered the questions below. View the presentation here.
View the video recording here.
- What habitats were impacted and how?
- What are some ways that human health is protected during oil spills?
- What oil spill-related stressors impact aquatic life and how?
- How were species impacted by the spill, and how does this link to impacted habitats?
- Do lab results scale up to the wild and can this information inform population or community estimates?
- What human communities were impacted by the spill and how?
- What traits made communities more resilient?
- What resources are in place for the next oil disaster?
Stephen Sempier, Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant
Monica Wilson, Florida Sea Grant
Emily Maung-Douglass, Louisiana Sea Grant
Christine Hale, Texas Sea Grant
Larissa Graham, Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant
Questions? Contact your state specialist by clicking here.