- In 2016, Congress directed the National Sea Grant College Program and NOAA’s National Marine Fisheries Serive (NMFS) to award monies to develop an independent estimate of Gulf of Mexico red snapper stock abundance. To learn more about the history of this Gulf-wide initiative, click here.
- To learn more about the current progress of what is being called the ‘great red snapper count,’ click here.
- To read about the project’s findings, click here.
- Click below to learn how to clean and prepare red snapper!
- Click here to view a series of fact sheets detailing storm and hurricane preparedness for off-bottom oyster aquaculture in the Gulf of Mexico.
Featured photo: Rayne Palmer of Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium checks the progress of oyster stocks. (MASGC/Bill Colgin)