Thursday, March 29, 2018, 9am – 3pm CST
Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary Offices
4700 Avenue U, Galveston, TX 77551
Join us in-person or online as our team and a panel of experts
- Share recent research findings related to marine mammals and oil spills.
- Define research gaps, restoration for marine mammals, and monitoring needs.
- Discuss how to integrate marine mammal research, response, assessment, restoration, and resource management.
- Connect researchers, emergency response community, natural resource managers, wildlife rescue organizations, veterinarians, aquarium staff, NGOs, volunteers, citizen scientists, and others.
Confirmed speakers include
- Liz Stratton, National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Laurie Sullivan NOAA Assessment and Restoration Division
- Laura Engleby, NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service
- Ryan Takeshita, Consortium for Advanced Research on Marine Mammal Health Assessment
- Amy Veprauskas, Littoral Acoustic Demonstration Center – Gulf Ecological Monitoring and Modeling
- Chris Hale, Sea Grant Oil Spill Science Program
To register to attend the workshop, click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6TN2VLN
To join online the day of the event, use the following WebEx link: https://masgc.webex.com/masgc/j.php?MTID=m6585ea39068624e7369c15428d86d091
Meeting password (if prompted): oilscience
Join by phone during the presentation.
Dial-in Number: 1-888-848-0190
Participant Pin: 2966075#
For more information contact Christine Hale, Oil Spill Science Outreach Specialist with Texas Sea Grant at (361) 825-6215 or by email.
Featured photo by A. Safonov.