How does science guide oil spill response? Collaborating before, during and after a spill
April 24, 2019
Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Karen Steidinger Auditorium
100 8th Ave SE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Attend in person or online via live-streaming webinar. Registration is free and includes lunch!
View the flyer here.
Join researchers and responders as they discuss how science guides oil spill response. The workshop is designed to bring area scientists and emergency responders together to network, communicate, and form partnerships. Scientists will share research results and responders will explain response processes and priorities. The workshop will also include an input session where we will discuss challenges and solutions to help future collaborations.
Guest speakers include:
- Timyn Rice – State Scientific Support Coordinator, FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
- Dale Walker – Incident Management Division, United States Coast Guard
- Paul Schuler – Director of Regional External Affairs, Oil Spill Response Limited
- Isabel Romero – Geochemist, University of South Florida
- Abigail Renegar – Researcher, Nova Southeastern University
- Daniel Hahn – Regional Resource Coordinator, NOAA Office of Response and Restoration Assessment & Restoration Division
- Domenic LetoBarone – Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Scott Zengel – Vice President, Environmental Sciences, Research Planning, Inc.
- Brad Benggio – Federal Scientific Support Coordinator, NOAA
Attend in person – Space is limited so we encourage that you register for this event. Lunch will be provided to registered participants. Please register here.
Attend online – We will be live streaming this seminar. To tune in online, please follow the directions below. If you would like to receive an email reminder, please register here. Registration is not mandatory to watch the streaming feed.
To access the live feed at any time the day of the event, click here.
Webinar ID: 733 571 397
Sound for the webinar will stream automatically through your computer. The following dial-in numbers are also available for audio: US: (646) 876-9923 , (669) 900-6833, or (408) 638-0968. International numbers available here.
Questions? Please contact Monica Wilson with Florida Sea Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-553-3516.
Featured image: Scientists pour oil in the tank at the Ohmsett facility in New Jersey to test new dispersants.